Join Rachel’s Table, a program of the Jewish Federation of Western Massachusetts, friends, and family to this year’s 5K race/walk and 1-mile fun walk to outrun hunger together and race to fill the bowls of those in need. Funds go directly to programs that feed people in Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin Counties.
On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!
Two race options:
- In-person at Glenbrook Middle School. Race start: 10am May 22. Award ceremony to follow.
- A virtual race option that you can join from wherever you are in the world from May 1-22.
Winners for both the in-person and virtual will be announced on social media by June 1. The 1-mile fun walk is not timed. Please register for the walk as well as the two race options below.
Race or walk as a team! You can register your team below.
For a fun walk and more: Costumes are welcomed. Special shout out to teams that are the most spirited. Even more special: those that show up in food-themed costumes.
How to do a virtual 5K:
Between May 1 and May 22, you can run/walk your 5K, and upload your time to our Runsignup page.
- You can race/walk a 5K course near you, map out your own, or use a treadmill
- To keep track of your activity time you may use a stop watch, GPS watch, or smart phone
- To track your distance, you may map out your activity or use a GPS watch
- To race at the exact same time as others, you can run at our original dedicated race time, May 22, 10am EST, and then upload your timing as soon as you’ve finished
If you are racing as a team for either the 5K or 1-mile walk, there will be prizes for the most fun costume, most spirited team, and most inventive food-themed costumes!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 5/22/22
Online registration ends at midnight Saturday, 5/21! We encourage early (this week!) registration please!
Bib and t-shirt pick up for in-person race will be at Fleet Feet Longmeadow at 680 Bliss Road, on:
Friday (5/20) 3pm – 6 pm
Saturday (5/21) 10 am – 1 pm
Please come and pick up your t-shirt, bib and some goodies!! Also, Fleet Feet Longmeadow will be offering 10% off of some merchandise if you show your registration information at their store!!
Race, Get Creative, and Donate Food With Can-Struction
On race day, indulge the artist in you and do good with Can-Struction! Participants are invited to bring non-perishable food and set up art pieces at the food gallery before the race. After the event, all food will be donated to one or more of Rachel’s Table’s 54 agencies feeding the food insecure. Photos of art and artist will be showcased at Rachel’s Table website and social media.
You Make a Difference
What will your $$ go to? Just $20 can allow us to:
- Purchase and pack 8 weekend backpacks with nutritious food for 7 meals for children
- Purchase and send 10 pounds of fresh produce to our 54+ pantries
- Purchase and deliver 30 pounds of shelf-stable milk to our agencies feeding children
- Deliver 6 pounds of fresh meat and chicken to our soup kitchens
Stay connected virtually!!
Use the #OutrunHunger #OutwalkHunger hashtags in social media and let everyone know you are outrunning hunger with us!